Followers

Monday 17 June 2013

How to use UTEE with your cookie cutter and much more !

Hello Friends ,
Today I will showcase UTEE and its uses .
I am little unwell and I had really planned to write this post in a very nice manner  , but I guess my bad health will not allow me to give you all my best .
First I would like to tell you about the new product launched in India by Crafters Corner .
Ranger Melt Art
It has
1) Melting Pot 
This is the  basic tool which is important for using these . RANGER-Melt Art Melting Pot. Melt, dip, and pour Ultra Thick Embossing Enamels(TM) (UTEE) and other embossing powders in the Melting Pot (R). Create 3-D embellishments for jewelry, crafting, and home decor. Use with Project Pans for melting wax, glue, soap, candy, and for curing polymer clay. Optimum temperature control. Non-stick surface for easy cleaning. Large handles for easy lifting and pouring. 
IMPORTANT - Using waxing pots wont give you proper result as they dont have a pouring mouth  , you need a pouring mouth for best results . Please dont invest in local waxing pots .


2) Texture Treads 
These are heat resistant which are required for creating textures . Crafters Corner has beautiful Texture Treads .

3)Melt Art Colors 
These colors are required for adding color to your enamel . You can mix and match to get beautiful colors .

4) Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel  { UTEE } 
The most important element .  Ultra Thick Embossing Enamels (UTEE) are a large particle dimensional medium for paper; fiber and decorative arts. Use to fashion jewelry pieces; magnets; trinket boxes; frames and craft embellishments.

5) Craft Sheets 
This re-usable non-stick multi-purpose craft sheet offers a heat resistant slick work surface for easy clean-up. Paint glue and embossing powders peel off and inks can be easily wiped clean. Its generous size is perfect for Melt Art projects scrapbook pages rubber stamping embossing iron-on transfers polymer clay painting and more.


Now I will show you all Picture by picture how to make wonders from these


This is all the items which you will need to create .
The transparent box has some local cookie cutters for making shapes .



Only green light indicates that your pot is not in heat mode . 


Pour some UTEE in the pot . 


Now simply switch on the pot . A orange light will start glowing . 


Move the red switch to the extreme where UTEE is marked . 


Take your texture treads and keep a cookie cutter on it . 


Wait for your UTEE to start melting . 


Start adding your desired color Drop by drop  . Only few drops are enough . 


Take the spatula which comes along with  the melting pot and starting stirring the UTEE  


I realized that UTEE was less , so I decided to add more UTEE . This will not effect the process as UTEE is reusable . It is just like wax . 


I have closed the lid for a minute as I have no patience and like stirring is again and again which is irritating my roommate telling me to have patience . My whole PG friends  get super excited seeing new things . 



Once the UTEE has melted , you can see a thick liquid  . Pour the liquid in the cookie cutter and texture will follow as it is below the cookie cutter . 



Make sure no part is left without the liquid of UTEE . 
Keep the whole thing aside and now lets do something more with UTEE . 



Now on how to create a texture for your mixed media projects  , canvas etc . 
Just pour the hot Utee on your craft sheet . 


Take the texture tread of your choice and just press it on the UTEE . 


COUNT FROM 1 TO 10 . 


Now simply remove the texture . 

See the texture , You can simply use this texture on your mixed media project . You can directly pour onto the surface . 



Remember we had kept this aside . The UTEE has finally turned into Solid State . 
Its time to see the result . 


I have taken out the cookie cutter . 


See the textured Heart embellishment . Isn't it beautiful ? 



Now lets make it more beautiful . Take your perfect Pearls and sprinkle some . 



Once the pearls are sprinkled , the texture becomes more defined . See the picture below . 


I have created some more embellishment by pouring the UTEE into these empty Cameos . 


Phew - Finally I am done with the whole thing , Sorry for so many pictures . 
Please let me know in comment section , if you don't understand any part of it . 
I will be honest in saying that I have created this post in hurry , so there might be a possibility that I am short of words in explaining . Please don't hesitate to ask any questions .
I am going for a vacation , I will try to answer them all as soon as possible . 


Hugs 
Mallika 

For any info please contact info@crafterscorner.in 


8 comments:

  1. That's an awesome post. All have been talking about the utee and I have been confused about the same. And you have explained it really well. Thanks. One question - if you have some melted colored utee left, how do you store it and re use it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome post. All have been talking about the utee and I have been confused about the same. And you have explained it really well. Thanks. One question - if you have some melted colored utee left, how do you store it and re use it? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always been mesmerized Mallika at how you make those antique wonderful charms on your craftwork!! :)Now I got the answer ..thanks for the post,will surely try it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome post and very informative

    ReplyDelete
  5. it is new to me and thanks for sharing it mallika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous post Mallika.Loved knowing about UTEE and especially about those texture treads.Thanks for all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its absolutely fabulous post Mallika ..Like everyone else i had so many question regarding this new product UTEE your tutorial has answered all of them ..its so well explained ..loved the samples you have created with it :) ..they look so beautiful !!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is an fantastic post and so inspiring article for creative peoples. I am really very happy to read this article. I love this idea! I’ve got cookie cutters , but I never thought about using them as you have use it...........:) :)
    Birthday Cookie Cutters

    ReplyDelete

We would love to hear from you !